The NiPS Lab – Noise in Physical Systems (www.nipslab.org) – at the Physics Department of the University of Perugia (Italy) organizes the first edition of the international contest “Students vs. ICT”.
The contest arises from the European project “ICT-Energy”, coordinated by the NiPS Lab and funded by the European Commission through the Seventh Framework Program. One of the aim of the “ICT-Energy” coordination action is to increase the visibility of “ICT-Energy” related initiatives to the scientific community, to specific industries and to the public at large through exchange of information, dedicated networking events and media campaigns. An introductory video to the “ICT-Energy” coordination action can be found at https://youtu.be/-mzp-s4bfP4.
The goal of the contest is to get the schools involved in promoting and attracting interest in the “ICT-Energy” themes, especially for what concerns the reduction of the energy consumption in the ICT devices. In fact, if it’s extremely clear the importance of the ICT sector both in economics and everyday life, likewise it’s evident how many efforts have still to be done in order to create devices energetically more efficient.
In this framework all the students of European high schools are invited to submit their work to take part to this great contest. The application is free of charge. The call and the application form can be downloaded here below.
Application deadline extended to 15th April 2016.
- Call for participation: English version
- Call for participation: Italian version
- Call for participation: Spanish version
- Call for participation: Catalan version
- Application form: English version
- Application form: Italian version
- Flyer, English version (png) (pdf)
- Flyer, Spanish version (pdf)
- Flyer, Catalan version (pdf)
- DOW - Description of work (English version)
- DOW - Description of work (Italian version)
- Slides from our presentation (Zip file - PowerPoint + Video)
Please follow our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/studentsvsict/
Please follow our Google+ community: https://goo.gl/O6W4N2
For more information, feel free to drop us a line: ictcontest(at)ict-energy.eu